Would you willingly play a game where the dice was loaded in favour of the banker? Where the other players would get more for "passing go" simply because they have an avatar which looked a certain way. Would you start a game where every player has a different amount of cards and money, with some who have most cash getting to dictate the rules in their own favour?
You probably wouldn't unless you were one of the ones that were dealt good cards and got the money! However in the "real world" the Money Game is not normally something we have a choice whether we play or not. It is designed by the rich and tweaked further in their favour with each rule change or law passed. Every day another card is put in the deck saying "pay the rich banker ££s" or "pay tax to the government of $$$s". We just go along with it without question, like going to school, or buying food from a supermarket...
But what is the alternative? A life begging off strangers or getting hand-outs from the state is one alternative. Let's face it thousands of people are having to claim benefits or having to get food from food banks even though they work for most of the week already. All because of the rules made up by the rich "elite" players.......
The alternative is to change the game…. Here's a few ideas to get the ball rolling
- Start your own currency with fellow members of your town – Local currencies are common and they can be useful in co-operatives/ towns as a means to exchange resources.
- Get off grid from national and international companies – make your own electricity via wind or solar or etc. grow your own food, buy from local businesses, trade your goods for others in your area, use as little fuel as you can.
- Property is one of the biggest parts of the game. If your family get to own property i.e. from a death in the family then do not sell it. If it has little left on the mortgage or it is un-mortgaged then it is (close as damn it) free accommodation for the next generation which gives them a huge advantage in the next round of the game. If you sell it the money will get spent or the cash will lose value against inflated prices unless it gets invested, in which case the bankers will take it as their bonus and say that they have lost it because they are not trustworthy, they are legalised criminals.
- Schools are a constant drain on money, school trips, travel to and from, uniforms, books, bags, overpriced school meals and activities, charity shows and donations every week (coupled with meals full of additives which rob them of their intelligence). So home-school the kids if you can, use online free resources, they can eat properly and more cheaply, no uniform or school trip costs unless you decide it is necessary. All with the added bonus that they will grow up without being brainwashed into believing government lies and propaganda.
- Internet service suppliers are a must these days for free information, advice, paying bills, entertainment, communication etc. There are cheap alternatives, some are even free and will allow you make free calls over the internet. You will however need to pay line rental.
- Transport is a pain in the ass because unless you walk or pedal the power has to come from somewhere so either you have to use an animal and a cart, buy the expensive fuel for a car, make ethanol, or generate loads of electricity to power an electric car which you unfortunately have to buy off a corporate or make yourself which is expensive and beyond the skills of most.
Keep local, buy local and you won't need much transport… There are however new products being released such as more efficient electric bikes, they are expensive though at the moment..
- Working to get money becomes less of a bind the less money you need. Once you have other things in place to generate food, electricity, water and so on your earning need reduces. Your internet connection can earn money from selling things or producing content. I'm not going to give you all the tools for an internet driven business here, there are already hundreds of sites for that. An alternative is to try to get local employment once the other things are in place.
If you have other off-grid ideas share them either with friends or on the discussion forum.
The large companies are very greedy, and will raise their prices as we cut our dependence. Those of us who are self sufficient will be able to ride out the huge energy changes that are going to happen much better than those who do nothing.
The world as we see with our five senses is governed by rules, if those rules are allowed to be made by others then they will always win. Only a fool would change the rules to make it harder for themselves to win or survive. However the “real world” is a reflection of our minds, there are other factors - other minds that shape what we experience, but we can make our own reality. Taking ourselves off grid rewrites the rules as to how dependant we are, how controlled we are by those who seek to bleed us of our time effort and rewards. It rewrites who has power over the day to day running of you. With unplugging from the mainstream media you can take back your life from the “masters” and become your own master. Either that or you can continue to pick up their dice and roll.....
- Good Journey