I found this analogy intriguing, but from what I have seen instead of the 'pop' in the matrix, I have seen men and women who were incredibly inteligent, wake up and see the world for what it really is and one of two things happen. either they have some sort of 'breakdown' or depression caused by an overwhelming sense of isolation and helplessness, or they get Very angry at the fact that they have been conned and lied to for so many years and no one ever told them.
The experience is very much like that of a person being kicked out of the herd (community) for something they may or may not have done. They are angry about the treatment but at the same time are filled with fear of not being able to do anything about it, and will they now survive. So if you are seeking enlightenment be prepared to not believe some of it. Take it one stage at a time. Don't try to get the whole reality thing at the same time as the financial and political thing. And don't read about the origins of organised religeon until you are ready to let that part go. If you destroy your sense of reality at the same time as your belief system and your faith in human social equality then what part of your mind will you have left?
The truth in a nutshell is this.
1) Your religeon is a lie invented to control your behaviour so you will not overthrow your masters or you will go to hell.
2) The money in this world is owned by the same families it always has been, with very few exceptions
3)Democracy is a lie to stop social rebellion because hey you can always vote them out, This is not true as the policies will happen no matter who is 'in power' There is a group of unelected people who control your country and will eventually control the world via corporations
4) There are no countries anymore. Borders are being broken at breakneck speed for trade and power, europe is a classic example, financially everyone is tied by debt, the burden is shared and so is the economy.
5) Your government will kill you if you protest
6) Civilised is a word used to discribe western world, but the behaviour is as bad or even worse than 3rd world countries, they are just as corrupt, just as unfair and unjust and the only difference is technology
7) The world you see is not entirely real. It is the product of every thought everyone has, and the strong minded can change it for the better or worse.
8) Matter is energy, and the human body is a biological, chemical and electrical system that is constantly being poisoned by additives in food and drinks, chemicals, radioactivity and bacteria in the air, and by electromagnetic fields. The more technology including these agents the more cancer we get.
Sweet dreams and good journey